Better Business, Brighter Savings
According to ENERGY STAR®, lighting makes up 17% of all electricity consumed in U.S. commercial buildings. Using energy efficient LED lighting and controls can help you better manage your business’ energy use.
FirstEnergy's Ohio Commercial Lighting Program offers support from technical experts to help you better understand the lighting needs of your business as well as financial incentives to offset upfront costs.
Unveiling Exciting Boosts to Lighting Incentives
Boost your energy savings and drive greater incentives with lighting controls. Effective December 1st, receive additional incentives* for any new application submitted when your project includes eligible lighting controls. Incentive level will vary based on level of control.
- Tier 1 – Zoned control earns an additional $0.05 per kWh saved
- Tier 2 – Fixture level control earns an additional $0.08 per kWh saved
- Tier 3 – Network lighting controls earns an additional $0.10 per kWh saved
Additional incentives will be available until April 30th, but don’t wait, as additional funds are limited! Contact us today for more information.
*Pre-approved projects with signed offer letters do not qualify for the additional incentive.
Lighting Choices that Save Energy
- Occupancy and daylighting controls
- Networked lighting controls
- LED lamps
- LED linear lights
- Internal and external LED fixtures
- LED refrigerator case lighting
- LED exit signs
- LED channel signage
- Custom lighting – contact our program team
Lighting incentives are available for both existing facilities and new construction projects. New lighting equipment must be ENERGY STAR rated or listed by the Design Lights Consortium (DLC) to be eligible for incentives. Pre-approval is required before purchasing or installing equipment.
Download our Commercial Lighting Calculator to help you estimate energy savings and incentives.
Incentives are available for small to large commercial, industrial, government and institutional customers who currently have an active account with either Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company or Toledo Edison, as well as Program Allies who service these areas.
The Benefits of Energy-Efficient Lighting and Controls
- Saves on energy bills
- Enhances lighting quality
- Increases efficiency of continuous lighting and over lit areas
- Reduces maintenance and labor costs
- Improves employee productivity and safety
- Demonstrates your commitment to energy sustainability
Visit our Application Center to learn how to apply for an incentive.
Questions? Call 888-798-2002 or email us at [email protected].