Find a Program Ally Contractor Near You
Use your own contractor or one of our registered Program Allies for your lighting project. A full list is coming soon.
Interested in Becoming a Participating Program Ally?
The FirstEnergy Ohio Utilities Commercial Lighting Program provides commercial and industrial customers of FirstEnergy’s Ohio Utilities (Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company, and Toledo Edison) with technical support and incentives toward energy efficiency equipment.
Reach out to our team at [email protected] to start the registration process. Once approved, you will be invited to participate in an informational webinar that describes resources available to Program Allies, program guidelines, offerings and program expectations. Upon completion of the informational webinar, and all other requirements are satisfied, your contact information will be posted to the Program Ally list on the program website as a resource to customers. In addition, Program Allies will be registered to receive program updates via email.
We’re looking for qualified Program Allies to provide our customers with:
- Design and installation services
- A customized list of energy-saving recommendations
- Recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades to help lower energy use
Benefits for Your Business
For joining our Program Allies network, you’ll receive:
- Sales and marketing support
- Technical support
- Listing on Find a Program Ally directory
Plus, you’ll build customer loyalty and business by helping your customers reduce energy use, lower utility costs and offset the cost of efficiency upgrades through incentives.
How to Get Started
- Provide the following documents to our team at [email protected].
- W-9, dated within two years of submission.
- Certificate of insurance. Expired insurance policies or any policy within 30 days of expiration will not be accepted.
- All applicable Program Ally licenses. Expired licenses or any license within 30 days of expiration will not be accepted.
- Additional company contacts.
- Provide two customer references on customer’s company letterhead and dated within 30 days of submission.
- Successfully complete two projects, to be selected by the program team, within the FirstEnergy’s Ohio Utilities (Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company, and Toledo Edison) Commercial Lighting Program.
- We will review your profile and confirm that the necessary paperwork is submitted. Once confirmed and you attend a training webinar, your information will be added as a listing to the Program Ally directory.
- Read our Code of Conduct
Program Allies include electrical or mechanical contractors, architects, engineers, equipment vendors, individual providers of goods and services or others who will work directly with Ohio customers of FirstEnergy’s Ohio Utilities (Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company, and Toledo Edison) to plan and implement energy efficiency projects.
FirstEnergy's Ohio utilities provide a Program Ally listing as a courtesy to customers, but does not approve, recommend, endorse or otherwise promote any Program Ally, vendor, manufacturer, distributor, contractor or any other provider of products and services that could potentially qualify for FirstEnergy's Energy Efficiency programs. FirstEnergy's utilities and CLEAResult provide this list of independent contractors as a convenience for customers seeking assistance with energy savings related products and services. Participating contractors are independent and are not affiliated with FirstEnergy, its utilities or CLEAResult. Customers are solely responsible for dealing directly with participating contractors in all aspects of their interaction including, but not limited to definition of scope of work, costs, contractual terms and conditions, and the level of accuracy required when estimating energy savings.
Neither FirstEnergy (including its utility companies and affiliates) nor the Business Programs implementation contractor, CLEAResult, nor agents, contractors, employees, officers and directors makes any representations regarding, or warrants the products and/or services of participating independent contractors, nor are they responsible or liable for any work performed by participating contractors, their subcontractors, or their suppliers in particular regarding whether it complies with any particular law, codes or industry standards, achieves any particular results or is safe or adequate for its intended purposes.
Questions? Call 888-798-2002 or email us at [email protected].